Thursday, April 14, 2011

Daddy's part in homeschooling

This is a question I see often while I am lurking about on homeschooling forums.  It got me to thinking about the part that my husband plays in homeschooling.  BTW - *plays* is a good word to use, becuase that is what Noah and his dad do together.  You know.  Boy stuff.  Like building.  and wrestling, but I don't have a good picture of that -- I usually leave the room. 

Anyway, my husband doesn't choose the curriculum, doesn't teach the core subjects, or anything school related really, BUT  ...
... he does work hard so that I can stay home to be able to homeschool. 
...he does make up stories with him "as play"  and that is learning.
...he does so many other little things  

And even though as a father he is not there "during homeschool hours", he is still teaching his son a whole lot every single day.


Can't you tell he is proud of his dad!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Noah's 4th grade reading list

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...