Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thinking about next year...

So...  it's been a long week.  I have just returned from the Midwest Homeschool Conference.  I thought it was a good conference.  It got me to thinking about what to do for Noah for next year.  I can't believe it's that time already.... I usually get everything bought and ready for the following year at this time. (it's when most of the curriculum is on sale) 

One of the best workshops I went to was on learning styles.  Something that particualarly stuck with me was that we as our children's teacher tend to teach in the styles that WE learn, and not necessarily the way THEY learn.  http://www.cathyduffyreviews.com/  is a great website for most things homeschooling. 

In a coming post, I will post what worked and what didn't for this past year.  (third grade. )

One of the main things we will be doing... (I will call it a project)  next year is work on my son's blog.  I have been reading up on blogs, and I agree that it will be GREAT writing practice, and technology skills (so bonus!)   This blog is still very much a work in progress for me, but I did want to know a few things before teaching him. 

I am not sure that is possible -- how he knows the things he does is amazing to me!!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm...so now you're making me think maybe just maybe I should actually consider going to our local homeschool conference....

    Hmmmmm....

    Good stuff!

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete

Noah's 4th grade reading list

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...