Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Almost the end

I cannot believe that we are coming to the end of his 3rd grade year!  We started this year the second week in August, and time has really flown by!




We have a few things planned for summer, though!


This book, plus the summer reading program at our library.  We have a deal, Noah and I, where if he reads 10 books before our start of school date, he gets a "reasonable" prize of his choosing.   As part of my trying to get him to be more independant, I do not remind him to be reading his books.  He has a chart with stickers all labeled -- that is his reminder.  Believe me, as his mother, it is hard for me to not be reminding him.  

This year I will be adventurous and make his an ice cream cone for his wall --- for each book he finishes he may put on a flavor, similar to THIS.

And, of course, LOTS and LOTS of swimming at the lake! 

2 comments:

  1. I looooove the ice cream cone idea! I may steal it!

    I always mentally have big plans. And then practically...it just doesn't work out. I am committed to math and reading over the summer tho...

    ...d

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I am the same way. Always such big plans. Some happen and some don't. But, the ice cream idea is too good to pass up. ...Anything to get him to read something.

    ReplyDelete

Noah's 4th grade reading list

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...