Thursday, March 1, 2012

When he finds a book he likes

I am constantly on the lookout for books Noah will read.  For that my goto places are  the Sonlight website, the Well-Trained mind forum, and my local librarian – she’s great, and always has wonderful suggestions. 
Last Monday, I was studying the Sonlight list again.  (I do this often).  I noticed a book about dragons.  We all know that Noah loves Dragons.  This certainly had some possibilities.  It had some things going against it.  First, it was rated for 12 years plus. (on Amazon)  Though I knew he could read it.    Second, it was 288 pages.  If we got that in book form, he would let the size of the book, um, prevent him from reading it.  He’s just like that.
So, I knew how to get around that…  I put it on my Kindle Fire.  And it worked!  He hasn’t stopped reading it since –Every. Single. Spare. Moment. 
noah reading
So this is what I see.  He tries to get out of schoolwork, by telling me he is reading, and that is part of school! 
I love it when he reads!  This is the book he is reading now. 
bryan_davis_raising_dragons
Plus, it’s a series

No comments:

Post a Comment

Noah's 4th grade reading list

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...