Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Notable Noah – Something new

We did something today we have never done.  We walked down our road to the end of the street where there is a brand new Big Y Supermarket. 
It was my way of doing school with Noah, but in a different way.  I asked him  math facts he’s having trouble with along the way.  He told me stories, and idea after idea that he has…
When we got to Big Y, we got some water, and Noah says he can have science by going over to look at the lobsters.  LOL  ( We are studying crustaceans after all, was his logic) 
We certainly got our exercise in for today, as it is 3.8 miles round trip. 
Noah says it was all worth it because he got some treasures – his mother calls it junk.  Which is why I am reminded all of the time, “As the saying goes, One man’s junk is another man’s treasure… well, I’m the other man” says Noah. 
walktobigy1
Noah and his ‘treasure’.
walktobigy3 bigy
last hill before home                  Charging up the hill, shouting
                                                       “Let’s do this!”


walktobigy2_crop
It kinda blends in.. but this was my not-so-pleasant surprise…a snake, sunning himself.
Believe it or not, I didn’t even freak out.  I managed to stay perfectly calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Noah's 4th grade reading list

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...