Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Quite a week

Last week was quite a week.
First, a visit to New Jersey (to visit Grandparents), and then a visit to the Statute of Liberty, and Ellis Island.  We had studied Ellis Island in history this past year, and since we were “close”, I thought it would be a great thing for Noah to experience. 
To be honest, I didn’t really have high hopes. 
  But… He seemed to really like the museum.  I guess seeing the exhibits in person got him to thinking about the people that came from other countries.  

006
He’s reading about famous Americans and where they originally came from
007    008 Completely fascinated by the kissing post.
Here they are telling all different ways of greeting your loved ones depending on what country you are from.

011  012
I am not sure what he was thinking exactly, but he was staring at these shoes – for a while.
I found it fascinating just watching HIM!
018
This is a replica of Ellis Island.  He looked at this while also. 
I think he liked the tiny, plastic people they put in there.
029 Waiting on the ferry.
047_crop The Statue of Liberty.
054
He humoring me, (I asked him to take off his hat and sunglasses for a better pic).
He thought I was silly…   053 … better! 
065
It was a great field trip… even if it was close to 100 degrees out.  Seeing what those people coming through Ellis Island went through makes you stop and think how good we have it here in this country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Noah's 4th grade reading list

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...